Here's the scoop...

Initially, this is an idea I had to help keep my daughter, Tyler's spirits up during yet another medically "rough time". IT WORKED!!!! All of you amazed us and kept Tyler's spirits up. I will never be able to thank you enough, but thank you's will be heading your way <3

Thursday, February 24, 2011

One week, one day...

Well, here we are.  One week and one day with Tyler's feeding tube.  It's been 8 days of frustration, anger and sadness.  She has been so strong, I hadn't imagined it would be nearly this difficult.

Today I called her GI doc and asked if she could have gum, or a slice of lemon or cucumber in her water, or diluted broth.  The answer was a resounding "No".  She has to be in total remission before they will even consider anything at all.  Remission, the ever elusive remission.  We've heard about it for four long years now, I am really looking forward to it!  I would bet all of the oil on the earth that she wants it more than I'll ever know or begin to comprehend.

There really are no words to explain it.  I am also hesitant to share details that she may object to.  Everything I want to say sounds so lame.  So, until I find the right words, I want to thank you all for your support, it's the only thing keeping her going!

PS~While you're here, feed our fishies.  Yes I'm aware of the irony here!  Just click near the fish or anywhere in their "tank" and they'll swim over and gobble it up.  I put them on the blog because they're cute, and somehow peaceful to me.  I'm easily amused, and hope you are too *wink, wink*




No comments:

Post a Comment